Friday, September 29, 2023

Little Actions

 Little actions can clearly explain some aspects of your life.

The other day I was immersed in work and my peripheral attention was gently shifted to a buzzing and thumping sound.  As a background noise, I dismissed it as noise from one of the various computers running in my office.  Slowly my mind triangulated the direction and then insisted that I must be chasing the sound of an echo instead of the actual noise.  The simple conflict was enough to turn that background noise into something that demanded more of my attention.

I stopped my work and listened.

The noise was coming from the direction of one of my windows and it could not be an echo because there was no paired duplicate of the sounds coming from any other direction.  I turned my head and I looked toward where I thought the sound was coming from and paused my breathing so that I could feel that noise a bit deeper.

The noise became clearer and more apparent that it was not a computer noise.

I watched and listened and then saw the trapped bee desperately trying to escape through the glass into the safety of the outdoors.

For a bee it was large.  It was menacing. It was terrified...

I could see and hear its energy. I witnessed its power. It was determined to break free.  It knew his goal was in view and it boasted power and confidence.  It settled on patience and searched for the spot that would bring it to its freedom.  I watched as it became incensed and it tried to bully its way through the glass. The raw power was immense and the bee ground his nose into the glass determined to power through the resistance.

I understood how the bee felt.  

The obstacle was invisible.  

The barrier was unknown.  

He questioned his existence and his ability.  The frustration mounted and his determination road through him like a roller coaster.  Sputtering between hopelessness and rigid determination…

 

My life and existence sputters too. 

I face invisible barriers too.

Maybe even in my small state I was menacing…


 

I gently opened the window and coaxed the bee to the opening. 

He exploded to his freedom never looking back or realizing that I had given aid.

I wonder how many times that invisible hand has helped me through my invisible barrier?


No comments: