Tuesday, August 29, 2023

I don''t know you

If we passed each other as we walked down the street, you wouldn't recognize me.  

If I called your name, you may or may not answer.  If you did, you would look at me and wonder how I knew you.  I'm not a distinctive person, so you might wonder if you worked with me or if we went to school toegether.

Reality is subjective. We live in our minds and our reality is subjected to how accurate our perceptions are. Or maybe, how creative.  Is it all a mind game?  Is there an actual reality? Do we exist as a singularity that burst forth like our imagined birth of the universe? We are the universe and our perceptions are the reflections of our spontaneous existence...

I digress and confound the discussion.

When I look inside my soul, I wonder if I am nothing more that a mirror.  I exist only because of the lights of others.  When in darkness, I dim and become nothing. My thoughts slow and I struggle to hold on to the last remnants of light that has passed over my lens.  There is no source, only reflection.

So forgive me if I cling a little too hard.  Forgive me if I lurk a little too close. Forgive me if I step into your personal space.  Without those around me I would be no more.

I pray that I shine your light back on you.  Show you how wonderful you are. Compose the song that whistles through my heart and soul singing out the splendor of you. You are so amazing.

No comments: