Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Thoughts on Thinking

I'm not sure why I do but I always wonder about how other people think.  Is it an interior monologue?  Simply talking to yourself all day?  Do you ride a wave of emotions and use your thoughts to steer the boat that you ride in?  Do you dictate to your brain?  Do this.  Then do that?  Can you have multiple thoughts at the same time?  Do they form sounds across the lake and echo as they crash together or against the shore?  How do they integrate with all the other inputs that are stuffed into your brain?  The green of the tree outside your window, the sound of the fan, the feel of the keyboard, the smell of the coffee, the warmth, the wetness and the taste as you take a sip...

If you pointed to the point of concentration where would you pick?  The center of your forehead?  The lump in your throat?  The air in your lungs or the heaviness of your heart?  Where is your center?  Where does that spark of who you are reside?

Today, at work, I watched the snow drip from the trees.  A mid-April snowstorm quickly disappearing.  One of the squirrels was quietly sitting on a branch looking in my direction while he snacked on something that he had discovered.  I couldn't help but wonder what was going on in his mind.  Was he wondering about me sitting here all alone?  Was he missing his partner that has quietly disappeared in the last month?  From the outside he seemed pensive.  Quiet and alone. Maybe he thought the same about me...


No comments: